Tech-Long is committed to protecting your right to privacy as a user of our online documents. It is our policy to respect the privacy of private communication.
The information you provide to us will be held for Tech-Long on servers based in the UK, or Internationally and, except as explained below, we will not transfer it, or authorise its transfer.
We collect information about our users in order to help us continually improve the products and facilities we offer and so that we can enter into commercial arrangements. Tech-Long will always adhere to UK Data Protection Legislation which, from 25 May 2018, includes EU Regulation 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Other than as stated below, we do not hold or use any information that you provide, or which we collect, outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), nor do we transfer it to, or share it with, others within or outside the EEA (except when we believe in good faith that the law requires it).
Information About Us
Tech-Long Industry Ltd is a private limited company, registered in England under company number 08497281 Our registered address and main trading address is Dorset House,Regent Park, Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7PL
Our VAT number is 263 4470 06.
For data protection queries, please contact Fiona McGann, email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, postal address: Dorset House,Regent Park, Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7PL
What Data Do We Collect?
We will collect personal data as provided to us during the show registration or the purchase process, which you agree to supply us as accurate.
We do not monitor your use of the Internet, but we may use cookie technology to monitor your use. This information is not stored alongside your personal data and will only be used on an anonymous, aggregated basis. We may process your personal data in combination with the documents and forms downloaded in order to maintain and improve the facilities we offer and to send you alerts about important updates to our products.
What Do We Use Your Data For?
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account
- Supplying you with information, documents, forms, and other content either through the Tech-Long site or by email. We will never send you any spam and always aim to ensure that our emails will be genuinely useful to recipients.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
- Building up a profile of your interests and preferences based on your download history.
We are required under UK tax law to keep your buying information (invoices), basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw consent.
We may use session cookies and persistent cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website; and other uses.
We will use persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit; and other uses.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored oh your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reflect all cookies, whist some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies.
For example, in Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options” “Privacy” and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however have a negative impact upon the usability of our website and many others.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
The personal data that you provide when registering with Tech-Long is retained until you ask us to delete it. All personally identifying information is deleted immediately on your request.
How and Where Do We Store or Transfer Your Personal Data?
We store your personal data with Hubspot, which is fully compliant to the GPDR 25 May 2018 requirements. This means that it will be fully protected under the GDPR.
As explained below, certain personal data will be made accessible to our third-party for shipping purposes, steps have therefore been taken to ensure that your personal data will be treated just as securely and safely, as embodied in a data processing agreement between us and our contractor based on model contractual clauses provided by the European Commission, which impose suitable data protection standards on a contractual basis.
Do We Share Your Personal Data?
We share your personal data with selected third parties exclusively to provide services to you, only with the following parties for the following purposes:
- We may also transfer any of that data to our third-party Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with the or you, including . Any such transfer will be subject to terms agreed with our IT contractor which comply with those prescribed for such a purpose by the European Commission, thereby ensuring that your personal data will be protected to standards equivalent to those specified by the GDPR.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- We may also share your personal data to third parties, in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case, we may disclose your personal data to the prospect seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Tech-Long Industry Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Or terms and conditions, contracts and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property or safety of Tech-Long Industry Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction,
What Are Your Rights As A Data Subject?
Individual data subjects have the following rights under the GDPR which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to access your personal data by means of a subject access request (see below).
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. You can do this either by contacting us or by clicking on the ‘Change My Details’ link in ‘My Account’.
- The right to erasure (also known as the right to be forgotten). You can exercise this right either by contacting us or by clicking on the ‘Delete My Account’ link in ‘My Account’.
- The right to restrict or object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes. Email preferences can be changed using the ‘Email Preferences’ link in ‘My Account’. Using this link you can opt-out of our newsletters and bulletins and, for expired subscriptions only, our alerts. For active subscriptions, alerts are an integral part of our service. For further information, please contact us.
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or business. Please note, however, that this right applies only if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for performance with a contract, and your data is processed using automated means.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not, however, use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us.
Further information about your rights can be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office if you feel that your rights have been breached.
How Can You Access Your Personal Data?
All personal data provided by you during registration, along with details of your download history, can be accessed via ‘My Account’.
If you wish to make a data subject access request, please do so in writing, sent to the email or postal address shown below, clearly marking your correspondence as a subject access request.
We do not normally charge for subject access requests unless they are ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (e.g. repetitive). We will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. In the unlikely event that your request is particularly complex, a further two months may be required but we will keep you informed if this is the case.
How To Contact Us
To contact Tech-Long about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details and we will respond as soon as possible:
Telephone: 0203 3702680
Postal Address: Dorset House, Regent Park, Kingston Road, Leatherhead, Surrey, KT22 7PL